SES Performance Scheme Reference Period 2 (2015-2019)
The second reference period (RP2) covers the calendar years 2015 to 2019 inclusive.
RP2 SES States
The 28 EU Member States at the start of RP2 (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) plus Norway and Switzerland (30 States in total).
- The Effectiveness of Safety Management (EoSM) indicator should be measured by verified responses to questionnaires at State/competent authority and service provision level. For each question the response should indicate the level of implementation, characterising the level of performance of the respective organisation.
- The measure determines to what extent the Severity classification based on the risk analysis tool (RAT) methodology was applied when assessing the severity of a safety occurrence.
- Reporting of Just Culture (JC) aims at identifying possible obstacles and impediments to the application of Just Culture. Just Culture means a culture in which front line operators or others are not punished for actions, omissions or decisions taken by them that are commensurate with their experience and training, but where gross negligence, willful violations and destructive acts are not tolerated.
- The measure provides an indication of the flight inefficiency en-route.
- The additional ASMA time is a proxy for the average arrival runway queuing time on the inbound traffic flow, during congestion periods at airports.
- The additional taxi-out time is a proxy for the average departure runway queuing time on the outbound traffic flow, during congestion periods at airports.
- The indicators address the effective use of the civil/military airspace structures.
- The measure provides an indication of ATFM delays (resulting from an air traffic management initiative, i.e. flow regulation) on the ground due to constraints en-route.
- The measure provides an indication of ATFM delays (resulting from an air traffic management initiative, i.e. flow regulation) on the ground due to constraints at airports.
- The measure provides an indication of the level of adherence to ATFM slots.
- The ATC pre-departure delay is the additional time that the aircraft is held at the stand to avoid queuing at the departure runway.
Determined unit cost (DUC) for en route ANS
- The measure addresses the costs for the provision of en-route air navigation services.
Determined unit cost (DUC) for terminal ANS
- The measure addresses the costs for the provision of terminal air navigation services.