SES Performance Scheme Reference Period 1 (2012-2014)
The first reference period (RP1) covers the calendar years 2012 to 2014 inclusive.
RP1 SES States
The 27 EU Member States at the start of RP1 (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) plus Norway and Switzerland (29 States in total).
- The measure described hereunder determines to what extent the Severity classification based on the risk analysis tool (RAT) methodology was applied when assessing the severity of a safety occurrence.
- Reporting of Just Culture (JC) aims at identifying possible obstacles and impediments to the application of Just Culture. Just Culture means a culture in which front line operators or others are not punished for actions, omissions or decisions taken by them that are commensurate with their experience and training, but where gross negligence, willful violations and destructive acts are not tolerated.
- The Effectiveness of Safety Management (EoSM) indicator should be measured by verified responses to questionnaires at State/competent authority and service provision level. For each question the response should indicate the level of implementation, characterising the level of performance of the respective organisation.
- The measure provides an indication of ATFM delays on the ground due to constraints en-route.
- The measure provides an indication of ATFM delays on the ground due to constraints at airports.
- The additional ASMA time is a proxy for the average arrival runway queuing time on the inbound traffic flow, during congestion periods at airports.
- The additional taxi-out time is a proxy for the average departure runway queuing time on the outbound traffic flow, during congestion periods at airports.
- The measure provides an indication of the flight inefficiency en-route.
- The indicators address the effective use of the civil/military airspace structures.
- The measure addresses the costs for the provision of en-route air navigation services.
- The measure addresses the costs for the provision of terminal air navigation services.